[A]Parliament House (Sansad Bhawan)
[C]Red Fort (Lal Qila)
2. At the time of Independence on 15th August 1947, partition of India took place wherein the British Indian Empire was divided along religious lines into two new nations—India and Pakistan. However independent India was a predecessor to modern-day India and an independent state that existed between 15 August 1947 and 26 January 1950 before becoming Republic of India. What was the name of the independent India during that period?
[A]Dominion of India
[B]Dominion of British India
[C]Democratic State of India
[D]None of the above
3. Which Act of the Parliament of the United Kingdom partitioned British India into the two new independent dominions of India and Pakistan?
[A]Dominion Independence Act 1947
[B]Indian Independence Act 1947
[C]British Commonwealth Act 1947
[D]British Indian Act 1947
4. When did the British government announced that the principle of partition of India was accepted by the British government and the successor governments in India would be given dominion status and would have an implicit right to secede from the British Commonwealth.?
[A]3 February 1947
[B]30 March 1947
[C]15 April 1947
[D]3 June 1947
5. Why was 15 August 1947 chosen as the date of power transfer by Viceroy Mountbatten?
[A]It was his Birthday
[B]It was Britain's Queen's birthday
[C]It was the second anniversary of Japan's surrender in the World War II
[D]It was decided by King George VI
6. Who served as the first Governor General of Independent India?
[D]Sir Khawaja Nazimuddin
7. On the eve of the Independence Day, who delivers the "Address to the Nation", which is televised nationally?
[A]President of India
[B]Prime Minsiter of India
[C]Vice President of India
[D]Head of Indian Army
8. Who was the first Commander-in-Chief of Free India?
[A]General Kodandera Madappa Cariappa
[B]Sir Thomas Elmhirst
[C]R D Katari
[D]General Sir Roy Bucher
9. Who was the first woman cabinet minister of Independent India?
[A]Rajkumari Amrit Kaur
[B]Vijaya Lakshmi Pandit
[D]Sabitha Indra Reddy
10. What is the wheel in the centre of India's flag called?
11. Who wrote the National Anthem of India "Jana Gana Mana"?
[A]Bankim Chandra Chaterjee
12. Who was the last Governor-General of India?
[D]Sir Khawaja Nazimuddin
13. Who created Indian National Army for Indian Independence?
[A]Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose
[C]Sardar Vallabh Bhai Patel
[D]Bal Gangadhar Tilak
14. At midnight, as India moved into 15 August 1947, Jawaharlal Nehru delivered the speech proclaiming India's independence. This is very famous speech also known as?
[A]Tryst with destiny
[B]Tryst with Indian Independence
[C]India's Destined Independence
15. In the 1929 Lahore session of Indian National Congress, the Purna Swaraj declaration, or "Declaration of the Independence of India" was promulgated. Which date was declared as India's Independence Day in that session?