[A]Survey of buyer intentions
[B]Time & motion studies
[C]Statistical demand analysis
[D]Test marketing method
2. Which of the following statements about segmentation by age is true?
[A]For most products, it can effectively be used as a single stand alone basis for segmentation
[B]Although it is easy to measure, it is difficult to estimate how many people in a particular age bracket live in a particular town or country
[C]People may exhibit characteristics of the age they feel rather than their biological age
[D]Consumers tastes don't change as they get older, but they do need different products
3. As Rahul prepares a market attractiveness-business position model for his firm, he comes to the point of assessing the business position of the firm's line of jet skis. Which one of the following would be an input with regard to business position?
[B]Relative market share
4. If Amstrad wants to focus its marketing efforts on price competition, the firm's long-run success will depend on having
I. Higher prices than its competitor.
II. Lower prices than it has historically charged.
III. Promotional campaign for lower prices.
IV. A lower cost structure than its competitors.
[A]Only (II) above
[B]Only (IV) above
[C]Both (I) and (II) above
[D]Both (II) and (IV) above
5. If an intermediary wants to carry ‘Tide detergent’ and Procter & Gamble agrees only if the intermediary purchases it’s entire line of detergents as well, the company is engaging in which of the following channel management practices?
[D]Refusal to deal
6. Which of the following does not constitute a personal communication channel?
[C]Communicating through mailers
7. Among industrial products, large tools and machines used for production of goods or for providing services for a considerable length of time are classified as
8. The strategy of choosing one attribute to excel at to create competitive advantage is known as
[A]Unique selling proposition
9. Which of the following is/are true with regard to brand strategy decisions?
I. They involve identification of the availability of resources for allocating budgets for brand building.
II. They involve identifying, which products to brand.
III. They involve enhancing the brand name by linking the organization’s name with a particular event.
IV. The company’s capability to take required initiative is important for a brand strategy decision.
[A]Only (III) above
[B]Both (I) and (II) above
[C]Both (III) and (IV) above
[D](I), (II) and (IV) above
10. Which of the following is not true of channel levels and behaviour?
[A]Indirect marketing channels have at least one intermediary
[B]The number of intermediaries indicates the length of a channel
[C]Jobbers are a form of intermediaries who sell to small retailers
[D]Horizontal conflict refers to conflict between different intermediaries of the same channel
11. Which of the following are a type of wholesalers, who do not possess the title of the goods and who negotiate for purchases and sell the goods immediately?
[C]Limited service wholesalers
[D]Full service wholesalers
12. Prakash Kumar was a computer wizard. While he could work almost anywhere as a production engineer, Prakash enjoyed his work at Xenon where he went from department to department helping different specialists create new software for their particular areas. In terms of the generic value chain, Prakash is involved in which activity?
[B]Marketing and sales
13. A buyer for Cadila Department Store orders handbags from a certain supplier because the supplier allows the buyer to maintain the store's policy of thirty-day advance purchase notice. Which of the following factors affect the buying decision process in this case?
14. Neopure Corporation has developed an artificial haemoglobin that can be used in place of blood transfusions and holds the patent on this product. Therefore, Neopure has
[A]Potential external opportunities
15. Which of the following statements describes a key difference between advertising and publicity?
[A]Publicity is more expensive on a cost-per-contact basis than advertising
[B]Publicity is usually directly paid and advertising is usually indirectly paid
[C]Advertising is usually directly paid and publicity is usually indirectly paid
[D]Advertising provides an immediate feedback loop and publicity does not