2. Who became the CEO of Apple after Steve Jobs?
3. According to Global business information provider Dun and Bradstreet, which state would emerge as a major economic force in the country due to its sustained efforts?
4. Who is all set to join Manipal Universal Learning (MUL) as the chief operating officer. MUL is the for-profit corporate arm of the Manipal group's education ventures. The not-for-profit Indian universities include Manipal University, Sikkim Manipal University, among others.
[C]K. V. Kamath
5. Which of the following states has a new Lokayukta?
6. Legendary investor Warren Buffett invested $5 billion in which of the largest banking and financial services corporation to bolster one of the largest banks in the US, after losses tied to sub prime mortgages depleted its capital and the slow growth in the world's largest economy dampened prospects.
[C]J.P. Morgan Chase & Co.
[D]Bank of America
7. Name the Japanese prime minister who recently announced his resignation amid widespread criticism of his handling of the aftermath of the 11 March tsunami and the crisis at the Fukushima Daiichi nuclear power plant.
8. US financial news agency Bloomberg announced that it is acquiring specialty publisher BNA in a deal valued at nearly _________dollars.
[A]$ 8 billion
[B]$ 1 billion
[C]$ 4 billion
[D]$ 2 billion
9. Who is the new Prime Minister of Nepal?
[A]Puspa Kamal Dahal
[B]Jhala Nath Khanal
[C]Dr Baburam Bhattarai
[D]Madhav Kumar Nepal
10. Who won the Indianapolis Grand Prix for the third time in a row?
[B]Juan Pablo Montoya
11. Which of the following channels has been named terrestrial channel of the year for the first time at the Edinburgh International Television Festival?
12. What is Potamology?
[A]The study of potted plants
[B]The study of organisms as affected by climate
[C]The study of rivers
[D]The study of potatos
13. Who among the following Presidents of India was the only one to be elected unopposed to the office?
[A]Giani Zail Singh
[B]Neelam Sanjiva Reddy
[C]Dr. Shankar Dayal Sharma
14. The book ‘Anne Frank: The Diary of a Young Girl’ was set in_____________.
15. Who founded the Indian Express group of newspapers in India?
[A]Mr. Vivek Goenka
[B]Mr. N. Ram
[C]Mr. G. Subramanya Aiyer
[D]Mr. Ramnath Goenka