I. Perceived meaning and importance of the work determine the output.
II. Job performance depends on the individual worker.
III. Workplace culture sets its own production standards.
[A]Only (I) above
[B]Only (II) above
[C]Only (III) above
[D]Both (II) and (III) above
2. If a manager develops a new idea and gives a plan for development of a new product in his workplace, then he is carrying out which of the following roles?
3. Which of the following is the employer-employee authority relationship that follows the chain of command?
4. Which of the following steps in the planning process should be completed before the others can be addressed?
[A]Putting plans into action
[B]Stating organizational objectives
[C]Listing alternative ways of reaching objectives
[D]Developing premises on which to base each alternative
5. Which of the following is a factor that affects delegation of authority from the delegant’s aspect?
[A]Love for authority
[B]Fear of exposure
[C]Experiences of the superior
[D]Fear of criticism
6. Standing plans that furnish broad guidelines for channeling management thinking in specified direction are called
7. Which of the following is/are advantage(s) of a functional structure?
I. Permits growth and diversity of products and services.
II. Power and prestige.
III. Clarity about career paths.
IV. Furnishes measurable training ground for general managers.
[A]Only (I) above
[B]Both (I) and (IV) above
[C]Both (II) and (III) above
[D](I), (II) and (III) above
8. Various moderating variables determine whether a manager will act in an ethical or unethical manner. Which of the following individual characteristics indicates the degree to which people believe they are masters of their own fate?
[D]Locus of Control
9. Power based upon identification with a person who has desirable resources or personal traits is known as
10. Departmentation by ‘time’ is one of the oldest forms of departmentation, generally used at lower levels of the organization. Which of the following is not an advantage of departmentation by ‘time?’
[A]It aids efficient utilization of manpower
[B]Round-the-clock services can be rendered
[C]It mostly results in improved coordination and communication
[D]It results in a continuous cycle without interruption
11. If Coca-Cola wished to examine its general environment before constructing its business strategy, the company would explore all of the following environments except
12. Many sophisticated techniques or tolls are useful in decision-making. Which of the following is a tool that helps managers figure out how much to produce and points out the relationship between revenues, costs, and profits?
13. With respect to factors that affect reorganization, when a single change triggers off a sequence of related changes, it is called the
14. Which of the following is a method that can be used to overcome the tendency toward conformity in group decision-making?
[B]Nominal group technique
15. Which of the following is a strength of the divisional structure?
[A]It focuses on results
[B]It gains advantages due to work specialization
[C]Employees have more than one boss
[D]It is based solely on teams