I. Superior’s rating of subordinates.
II. Group of superiors rating subordinates.
III. Peer assessment.
IV. Subordinate’s ratings.
[A]Both (I) and (II) above
[B]Both (II) and (III) above
[C]Both (III) and (IV) above
[D]All (I), (II), (III) and (IV) above
2. As per Herzberg’s two-factor theory, achievement, recognition, and growth are examples of
3. Which of the following is a ‘Theory Y’ assumption?
[A]The average person prefers to be directed
[B]Most people must be threatened and coerced before they put forth adequate effort
[C]Commitment to objectives is a function of the rewards associated with achievement
[D]The average person seeks no responsibility
4. Which of the following leaders guides or motivates his followers towards established goals by clarifyingrole and task requirements?
5. Inventory that can be converted into cash within one year is an example of
6. Which of the following is not a weakness of appraisal against verifiable objectives?
[A]Luck plays an important role in the performance of an individual
[B]In reality uncontrollable factors are rarely taken into consideration
[C]It is difficult to measure performance of non-performers
[D]It does not form a separate component from the job
7. Which of the following theories proposes that the factors that help prevent dissatisfaction on the job donot necessarily lead to satisfaction?
[A]Vroom's expectancy theory
[B]Adam's equity theory
[C]Herzberg's motivation-hygiene theory
[D]McClelland's three-needs theory
8. Which of the following actions does an organization undertake, if manpower demand is high andmanpower supply is also high?
IV. Training and development.
[A]Only (II) above
[B]Both (I), and (III) above
[C]Both (II) and (IV) above
[D](I), (III) and (IV) above
9. Operations Management is a tool by which management can create and improve upon its operations.Which of the following statements is true regarding operations management?
[A]Operations managers are not found in the service sector
[B]Operations Management is concerned with only the input stage of product development
[C]The outputs of the operations system include both goods and services
[D]Labor is part of the transformation stage and is not considered an input
10. In an effective organization, information flows in various directions. Which of the followinginformation flows takes place among persons at different levels, who have no direct relationships?
11. Which of the following are the three leadership styles proposed by Kurt Lewin, a researcher at theUniversity of Iowa, and his colleagues?
[A]Democratic, autocratic, directive
[B]Autocratic, consultative, democratic
[C]Country club management, democratic, laissez-faire
[D]Autocratic, democratic, laissez-faire
12. According to the Japanese management practices,which of the following terms refers to a manager whose task is not only to supervise people at work but also to show fatherly concern for their subordinate’s private life?
13. According to Hersey and Blanchard, when provided with an able and willing follower, the leaderprimarily deals with
[A]The routine tasks
14. Managers can adopt various methods to overcome initial resistance to change. In which of the followingmethods of overcoming resistance to change, management neutralizes potential or actual resistance byexchanging something of value for cooperation?
[A]Facilitation and support
[C]Negotiation and agreement
[D]Explicit and implicit coercion
15. The attitude that regards home-country practices as superior to foreign-country practices is known as a(an)