2. Eid is an Arabic word meaning "festivity", while Fiṭr means ________ ?
[A]Breaking the fast
[D]The one of pilgrimage
3. Eid-ul-Fitr (Eid al-Fitr) has a particular salat (Islamic prayer) consisting of _______ raka'ah (units) and generally offered in an open field or large hall.
4. If someone greets you saying Bayramınız kutlu olsun or "May your Bayram – Eid – be blessed.", then you are in which country?
5. By what name Eid is celebrated in Malaysia (Malay translation of Eid al-Fitr)?
[C]Hari Raya Puasa
6. Eid gifts are frequently given at eid to children and immediate relatives. What is the name given to Eid gifts?
7. Zakat, one of the pillars of Islam and a practice initiated by the Islamic prophet Muhammad, has played an important role throughout Islamic history. What is Zakat?
[A]Acknowledging the power of the spiritual realm
[B]Eid gifts given at eid to children and immediate relatives
[C]Giving fixed portion of one's wealth to charity, generally to the poor and needy
8. What is the night before Eid called in Pakistan, India, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka and Nepal?
9. On Eid, people generally greet each other with the traditional greeting: "Barka Da Sallah," which means "Greetings on Sallah" in the Hausa language. In which country Eid is popularly known as "Small Sallah"?
10. What is the name of the meal consumed early in the morning by Muslims before fasting, sawm, in daylight hours during the Islamic month of Ramadan?
11. During which month Muslims observe a strict fast and participate in pious activities such as charitable giving and peace-making?
12. What is the pre-sunrise prayer called in Islam?
13. Shaw'waal is the ______ month of the Islamic calendar.
14. Eid among the Pashto-speaking community in Afghanistan is called ___________.
15. The Islamic calendar is also known as ____________.