[A]It results in lower production time and higher productivity by the Learning Curve Effect due to repetition
[B]It results in simpler work instructions and easy production control because of consistence in work assignment
[C]It always results in higher work satisfaction
[D]There is ease in recruiting new workers because fewer skills are required
2. In which of the following Work Measurement Techniques, managers generally determine reasonable standards for new common tasks, basing on the standards previously set for old common tasks, and usually maintain a database of the standard time required for work elements with information obtained through previous studies?
[B]Predetermined Motion Times
3. To test certain newly developed combat weapons, the Indian Army has decided to use robots which are capable of perceiving the environmental conditions of the battlefield through tactile or visual perception and can make necessary and suitable decisions by using their on-board computers. These robots are examples of
[A]Fixed sequence robots
[B]Variable sequence robots
[C]Physically operated robots
4. Which of the following quality functions is most important in the manufacture of aeroplanes?
5. Watches are examples of which of the following types of industries?
6. Which of the following pure planning strategies to absorb demand fluctuations is prone to have high risk of stockout costs?
[A]Varying the workforce size in response to the output requirements
[B]Varying the size of inventory
7. A two-bin system of inventory control is usually adopted in which of the following Inventory Systems?
[A]Fixed Order Quantity System
[B]Fixed Order Period System
[D]Periodic Review System
8. The Operations Manager has asked the new management trainee to prepare a process chart for a Pizza assembly process at a fast-food restaurant. He has used certain symbols to prepare the process chart. One such symbol is a circle that represents
9. The planning division of a manufacturing organization wants to formulate its aggregate output plan for the coming six months on the basis of historical data available with it. For this purpose, which of the following models should it use?
[B]Linear Decision Rules
[D]Computer Search Model
10. Indian Space Research Organization (ISRO), which is involved in space research, manufacturing of rockets and other related works, may adopt which of the following types of Facility Layout?
[A]Service Facility Layout
[B]Fixed Position Layout
[C]Grouping Technology Layout
11. Out of the following materials handling equipment, used by a cement manufacturing company, which one can be classified as a fixed path equipment?
12. Which of the following forecasting methods uses a quantitative model to forecast the demand?
[B]Nominal group technology
13. Companies prefer to choose Asian countries for low-labor-cost services such as electronics assembly, textile making and information technology enabled services (ITES). Which of the following strategic advantages are they trying to derive by adopting this policy?
I. Comparative advantage.
II. Economies of scale.
III. Proprietary product technology.
[A]Only (I) above
[B]Only (II) above
[C]Only (III) above
[D]Both (I) and (II) above
14. Which of the following is not true for the simplex method of linear programming problem for maximization of the objective function?
[A]The algorithm for simplex method is iterative in nature
[B]The value of the constraint on the right-hand side of each of the constraints should be non-negative
[C]Each of the decision variables of the problem should be non-negative
[D]The algorithm is not suitable when there are more than two decision variables
15. A popular tractor manufacturing company uses an MRP (Materials Requirement Planning) system to manage its complex production process, that involves many components and sub-assemblies. An MRP system is used because of the many advantages offered by it. However, it might not be advantageous in some respects. Which of the following is not an advantage of an MRP system?
[A]Reduced per unit cost of production
[B]Low inventory levels, especially for in-process materials
[C]Lesser time required for planning and implementing an MRP system
[D]Optimized production scheduling