2. Noble peace laureate Aung San Suu Kyi’s won a landslide in an election for vacant parliamentary seats, a victory she hailed as ‘the triumph of the people’ after a decade of military dictatorship. National League for Democracy (NDL) party won 40 out of 45 seats. In which country did the election happen
3. Which Hollywood actor has been tapped to the star as the late Apple co- founder Steve Jobs in a biopic titled JOBS to be directed by Joshua Micheal Stern? The movie JOBS centre’s on the popular figure’s life when he when he was a wayward Hippie from North California until he became the co founder of the Apple.
4. The cabinet of which state has grant of Rs 30000 to high school pass muslim girls for pursuing their education and marriage in the month of march?
5. The Planning Commission on March 19 2012 declared the latest poverty estimates of the country showing a decline in the incidence of poverty by what percent over the past five years?
6. Increasing the fare for the first time in 8 yrs the Railway Budget for 2012-13 presented before the parliament envisages how many trains?
7. Governor Shivraj Patil in March administered the oath of office to Prakash Singh Badal who took over as the chief minister of Punjab for a record____ time?
8. Which of the following in March 2012 cleared the transfer of Pradhan Mantri Adarsh Gram Yojna (PMAGY) to the Ministry of Rural Development from Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment?
[B]National Development Council
9. A meeting at the PMO on 29 Feb 2012 decided to increase the overall expenditure on health to what percentage of GDP from current 1.4% by the end of the coming 12th plan?
10. India and which country has resolved their longstanding issue of payments for export shipments?
11. The indigenously developed advanced light weight torpedo and the Akash missile system in march 2012 handed over to Navy and the Indian Air Force respectively at the function in
12. Which of the following was pointed by the Union Finance Minster Pranab Mukherjee in the March 2012 as one of the major challenges facing the Indian Banking Industry in emerging as the potential global leaders?
[A]Human Capital Deficit
[B]Human Talent Deficit
13. Union Minister for Rural Development, Drinking Water and Sanitation Jairam Ramesh in March announced a national award for the sanitation and water in the name of Maharashtrian saint
[D]Shiv Sagar Baba
14. The high level safety Review Committee recently submitted its number of recommendations to the Ministry of Railway. Who is the chairman of the committee?
15. The union cabinet in March 2012 approved the proposal to bring subsidy on decontrolled fertilisers for 2012-13. Which of the following are those fertilisers?
[D]Only 1& 2