2. An activity has an Optimistic duration of 100 days, a Pessimistic duration of 158 days and a Most likely duration of 120 days. The time estimate which would be considered for this activity is:
3. 3 time estimates using PERT methodology is generally based on:
[A]Modified normal distribution
[D]None of the above
4. 3 time estimates should be used when the level of uncertainties is:
[B]Manageable as we have done similar work before
5. The work effort for an activity is:
[A]The work units needed to complete an activity
[B]The work period available to perform the work of the project
[C]The calendar days taken to complete an activity
[D]The work units needed to complete an activity plus the weekends
6. My work time is 8 hours a day from Monday - Friday. The duration for completing activity A is 192 hours. I have 4 persons who are available full time to complete the activity. If I begin performing A on Monday what is the elapsed time for A to finish?
7. In a three time estimate using PERT, if the optimistic estimate for a task is 10 days, most likely is 15 days and pessimistic is 20 days what is the standard deviation of the task?
[D]Insufficient information to determine the value
8. A dependency that requires that the initial design be completed before detailed design can start is an example of:
9. The ______________ task relationship is the most common task scheduling relationship:
[A]Start to start
[B]Finish to start
[C]Finish to finish
[D]Start to finish
10. The preceding activity must start before the succeeding activity can finish denotes which kind of dependency?
[A]Finish to start
[B]Start to start
[C]Finish to Finish
[D]Start to finish
11. When a task cannot be completed before another task is completed, it is called a?
[B]Finish to finish dependency
[D]Finish to start dependency
12. Lag means:
[A]Amount of time a task can be delayed without delaying the project
[B]Amount of time a task can be delayed without delaying the early start date of its successor activity/activities
[C]A modification of the logical relationship in a network which delays a successor activity
[D]The amount of time a project is lagging behind from the original schedule
13. In creating your network diagram, you know that the second task cannot be started till 4 days have passed after the completion of first task due to external reasons. Another name for this compulsory wait is:
14. Which term describes a modification of a logical relationship that accelerates a successor task?
15. A lag can occur _______:
[A]In a finish to start relationship
[B]In a finish to finish relationship
[C]In a start to start relationship
[D]All of the above