2. As per the data released by the Central Statistical organisation (CSO) on 29 February 2012, India's economic growth rate dipped to what percent in the third quarter (october-december ) of 2011-12 due to poor performance of the manufacturing, mining and farm sectors?
3. As per the data released by the Controller General of Accounts on 29 February 2012, fiscal deficit was 105 per cent of the total annual target in the April-January period of 2011-12. What did the deficit stand at?
[A]Rs 4 lakh crore
[B]Rs 3.33 lakh crore
[C]Rs 5.21 lakh crore
[D]Rs 4.34 lakh crore
4. Scientists recently found the treatment for Glaucoma in rats. Glaucoma is an __ disease.
5. Scientists identified two genes, which are linked to Parkinson's. The genes are called__.
[A]NACP and MAPT
[B]NCAP and MPAT
[C]NPAC and MTPA
[D]NNCP and MMPA
6. Erosion and diversion of Rushikulya river mouth in Odisha's Ganjam district seem to be posing a serious threat to the annual mass nesting of the endangered Olive Ridley sea turtles. Consider the following statements:
i) The olive ridley sea turtle is also known as the Pacific ridley.
ii) It is a species of sea turtle.
Choose the right option:
[A]Both i and ii are correct.
[B]Only i is correct.
[C]Only ii is correct.
[D]Neither i nor ii is correct.
7. Which one of the following state governments imposed restrictions on the visit of foreign tourists to the areas inhabited by Tribals?
8. According to data released by the government on 19 March 2012, retail inflation stood at what per cent in February 2012 as a result of higher prices of protein based items, edible oil products and manufactured goods?
9. The Union Finance Minister (FM) Pranab Mukherjee tabled the Union Budget in the Parliament of India on 16 March 2012 for the fiscal year 2012-13. The total expenditure for 2012-13 is estimated what amount?
[A]Rs 1400025 crore
[B]Rs 1490925 crore
[C]Rs 1451033 crore
[D]Rs 1444264 crore
10. In the Economic Survey tabled by the Union Finance Minister Pranab Mukherjee on 15 March 2012, Indian economy was estimated to grow by what per cent in 2011-12 mainly due to weakening industrial growth?
11. The Union Railway Budget 2012-13 was presented in the Lok Sabha on 14 March 2012 by Union Railway Minister Dinesh Trivedi. Which of the following facts related to the budget are not true?
1. The total union budget outlay for 2012-13 stood at Rs 60100 crore.
2. The fares were raised in the budget. The fares were raised 5 paise per km for suburban and ordinary second class. Fares for mail express second class was raised by only 2 paise per km
3. Union Railway budget 2012-13 proposed to allocate about Rs 4410 crore to capacity augmentation works
4. The Union railway proposed to electrify 6500 route kilometers during the 12th Plan period. This would include electrification of Udhampur-Srinagar-Baramulla line and hence provide pollution free traction to the pristine Kashmir Valley
5. Union railway Minister proposed to raise the allocation under passenger amenities from Rs 762 crore in 2011-12 to Rs 1102 crore in 2012-13
[A]3 and 5
[D]3 and 4
12. Union Finance Minister Pranab Mukharjee presented the annual budget for the fiscal year 2012-13 in the parliament on 16 March 2012. The Union Minister of Finance came up with an increased budgetary allocation for various sectors including agriculture, rural development, defence etc. Which of the statements are not true with respect to the budgetary allocations?
1. Budgetary allocation for agriculture and allied activities 2012-13 increased by 16%. 9217 crore rupees allocated for Rashtriya Krishi Vikas Yojana
2. 20,000 crore rupees allocated for Rural Infrastructure Development Fund
3. Sarva Siksha Abhiyan-Right to Education- 25555 crore rupees
4. 193407 crore rupees aallocated for Defence services including 79579crore rupees for capital expenditure
5. 20822 crore rupees National Rural Health Mission
[A]1 and 5
[C]2 and 5
13. Identify the personality with whom these statements are associated
1. He has recently announced his retirement from International Test Cricket
2. He is the second highest run getter in international test cricket
3. He made his international debut on 20 June 1996 while playing at the Lord's against England
4. He has the highest test catches to his credit
14. Which one of the following statements is wrong
[A]Anjum Chopra will lead the Indian team in the limited-over series against Australia
[B]Anjum Chopra is a leading hockey player
[C]Indian women Kabaddi team won first women World Cup Kabaddi championship title
[D]Akhil Kumar is a boxer
15. Who among the following tennis players won Dubai Open Singles Title?